Halloumi, a semi-hard elastic cheese, is the top growing cheese according to Mintel Menu Insights, growing 240% in menu mentions from 2018-2020. The cheese has gained traction in the food industry over the past few years due to its versatility – you can use it in a salad, a pizza, or even as a protein source on a sandwich! Its taste profile is prominently salty, minty, and milky, making it a cheese that you can pair with almost anything.
We decided to take this trendy, mild cheese, and develop two snack seasonings: Halloumi with Mediterranean Veggie & Herb and Halloumi with Harissa. Once they were created by one of our R&D experts, we conducted a survey to get consumers’ opinions on the flavors. Below are some noteworthy comments:
- Halloumi with Mediterranean Veggie & Herb
- “Very good. Can definitely taste the Mediterranean flavor.”
- “I like the sophisticated and unique flavor.”
- “Overall, it is a nice balanced chip with cheese and herbs”
- Halloumi with Harissa
- “The chip was tasty and is something I would definitely purchase”
- “Balanced chip and I like how the harissa came through without high overall intensity I have seen in other products. The cheese and acid help balance the harissa.”
- “Good balance of flavors”
Interested in trying these flavor profiles? Contact us here to request FREE samples!