Chef Inspirations and Signature Recipes
"We're lovin' Latin!"
-Elizabeth Lindemer, Corporate Executive Chef
Latin-inspired foods are becoming ever-more popular – and in unexpected ways, too. Our culinary and product development specialists help food companies make sense of the trends and tap into where the energy is strongest.
The Latin Action Collection is a perfect example of our inspiration and innovation. It has its own unique qualities – yet every item in the collection draws on the authentic characteristics of the Latin taste palette.
Give them a try – we know you’ll love them! And remember, we can also help you develop your very own winning custom flavor profiles that’ll be the kay to your next successful product introduction.
Signature Recipes from the Kitchens of Fuchs
Our culinary wizards have created recipes that deliver irresistible taste sensations, thanks to the Latin Action Collection from Fuchs. And they’re just the start of where these uniquely delicious seasonings, bases and flavors can take you:
- Cracked Coriander & Green Chili Pork Roast
- Insane Chipotle Adobo Chicken Tacos
- Paella con Pollo y Mariscos
- Tomatillo Crema
- Valencia Style Rice
Cracked Coriander & Green Chili Pork Roast
- Score skin of a 4 lbs. pork shoulder and coat thoroughly with Cracked Coriander & Green Chili Rub. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Place pork skin-side up in a roasting pan. Roast uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Cover with foil and continue roasting at 325˚F for 4-1/2-5 hours or until tender.
- Remove roast from oven and baste with pan juices.
- Return roast to oven and roast uncovered for 30-45 more minutes or until the skin is crisp.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
Note: This rub also goes great with fish or chicken. For a quick flavor boost try it sprinkled over rice or roasted potatoes.
- Mix 4 to 6 tablespoons Tomatillo Seasoning Blend with 1 pint sour cream.
- Add 4 ounces pureed tomatillos (canned or fresh).
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Drizzle over tacos, on a salad, or use as a dip.
Note: This recipe is versatile! Substitute sour cream for Greek yogurt. Also, try green chilies or petite diced tomatoes for tomatillos. For a super-fast and delicious salsa, combine 2-4 tablespoons seasoning blend with a 16-ounce can of petite diced tomatoes.
Insane Chipotle Adobo Chicken Tacos
- Whisk 8 tablespoons Chipotle Adobo Seasoning Blend with 1 cup hot water to create sauce.
- Combine sauce with 1 lb. cooked and shredded rotisserie-style chicken.
- Assemble tacos using shredded chicken and sliced avocado placed in 8-inch corn or flour tortillas.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and serve with a lime wedge.
Yield: 8 tacos (4 servings)
Note: For a thicker sauce, prepare with 1 additional tablespoon of seasoning. This zesty sauce is also perfect for roasted pork, lamb, and even sweet potatoes!
Valencia Style Rice
- In a small pot, bring 3 cups unsalted water to a boil.
- Add 1 cup long-grain white rice and 4 tablespoons Valencia Style Rice Seasoning Blend, stirring briefly to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Cover pot and reduce heat so that it barely simmers.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and keep covered until ready to eat, fluffing rice just before serving.
Yield: 4 servings
Note: This seasoning blend is also delicious prepared with other grains such as couscous or farro.
Paella con Pollo y Mariscos
- ½ cups olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 red and 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ bunch asparagus, cut into thirds
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced on bias
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4-6 cups hot water
- 1-1/2 cups short-grain rice, such as Arborio
- 6 tablespoons Valencia Style Rice Seasoning Blend
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 Roma tomatoes, rough-chopped
- ¼ bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ lb. raw mussels or clams
Roasting the Chicken and Vegetables:
- Preheat oven to 400˚ F. Season vegetables and chicken with salt, pepper and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place vegetables in one pan and chicken in a separate pan.
- Roast for 15-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender but still firm, and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Remove from oven. Chop chicken, then set chopped chicken and vegetables aside.
Making the Rice:
- Preheat a large oven-proof paella pan or sauté pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat.
- Add rice to pan and sauté (pearlize) 1 minute.
- Add Valencia Style Rice Seasoning Blend and 1-2 ladles of water to rice, stirring to evenly distribute.
- Continue to cook over medium-low heat while adding more water and stirring as needed until rice is al dente.
Making the Sofrito:
- Preheat another large sauté pan over medium heat with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook over low heat for 5–10 minutes or until the tomatoes break down.
- Add parsley, shrimp, mussels/clams and chicken. continue to cook until shrimp is almost pink and mussels/clams begin to open.
Finishing the Paella:
- Arrange vegetables decoratively around the edge of the rice.
- Pour the Sofrito into the center.
- Place the paella in a 400˚F oven and bake for 10–15 minutes or until heated through.
Yield: 6 Servings