Chef Inspirations and Signature Recipes
"Let's Celebrate Southeast Asian cuisine!"
-Elizabeth Lindemer, Corporate Executive Chef
The world of Southeast Asia beckons with tales of exotic, far-off places – and foods that are equally surprising and delightful. We’ve captured it all in our new Celebrate Southeast Asia Collection.
Signature Recipes from the Kitchens of Fuchs
Inventive recipes inspired by the cuisines of Southeast Asia begin with the seasonings in our new collection. Not only do they capture the essence of everything this fascinating region of the world has to offer, they reveal why Southeast Asian cuisine is becoming so popular!
These four easy, great-tasting recipes are just the beginning of what you can create when you start with our Celebrate Southeast Asia seasonings as your foundation:
- Malaysian Curry Laska
- Thai Gingered Butternut Squash Soup
- Spicy Singapore Seafood Sauté
- Vietnamese Meatball Bahn Mi
Malaysian Curry Laska
- Combine 1/2 cup Malaysian Style Curry Laska Seasoning* with 1 cup water and 1 can of organic coconut milk.
- Heat over medium heat until boiling; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Optional Additions:
- 4-6 ounces cooked and chopped chicken
- 6-8 ounces trimmed bean sprouts
- 4-6 shrimp
- 4 ounces of sliced, deep fried tofu
- Place optional additions into curry and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through and chicken is heated to 165˚F.
- Place 1/2 cup prepared noodles (such as Asian style egg noodles) in each bowl.
- Pour curry laska over the noodles.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves, lime wedges and chili paste (such as Sambal) as desired.
Yield: 2 Servings
Thai Gingered Butternut Squash Soup
- Combine 1/2 cup Thai Style Gingered Butternut Squash Soup Base* with 1 cup hot water.
- Garnish with chopped fresh chives or basil.
Yield: 2 Servings
Spicy Singapore Seafood Sautè
- Combine 4 Tbsp. Spicy Singapore Style Chili Seafood Seasoning with 2 tsp. of oil and 1 cup of water; whisk and set aside.
- Heat 1-2 Tbsp. oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 lb. of seafood such as peeled and cleaned shrimp, cleaned scallops, salmon fillets or other seafood.
- Sauté for 2 minutes; add sauce and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 5-7 minutes or until sauce thickens and seafood is cooked through.
- Serve with crusty bread, steamed buns or steamed rice.
Chef Elizabeth’s Tip: When in season, try making with cleaned and chopped crabs, increasing cooking time to 10-15 minutes.
Yield: 4 Servings
Vietnamese Meatball Bahn Mi
- Combine 1/3 cup Vietnamese Style Meatball Seasoning with 1 lb. ground pork.
- Mix well and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Form into 1 – 1 ½ inch balls.
- Place 6-8 meatballs per soaked skewer and grill over Medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until reaching a temperature of 165°F.
- Serve in crusty rolls with fresh cucumber, carrot and basil slaw, drizzling with chili mayo for a delicious Bahn Mi!
Yield: 4 -6 Servings
To learn more about the Celebrate Southeast Asia Collection, click here.