New offerings signal the beginning of the cold-weather season and menu items that appeal to hearty appetites.
October 30, 2013 – Fuchs North America introduces its Fall Harvest Collection – a new line of six distinctive seasonings and mixes specially created for cold-weather dining and cuisine:
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup Mix – A sweet-and-creamy soup mix made from brown sugar, molasses and other ingredients that also provides a surprise hint of zesty ancho chili. It makes the perfect hot soup for lunch or a dinner first course.
- Mountain Meat Rub – A vigorous blend of spices and herbs including basil, oregano, rosemary, parsley, garlic and smoked paprika, coupled with olive oil flavoring to create a concoction that really draws out the flavor of hearty meats – even wild game.
- Big & Bold Beef Gravy Mix – This traditional demi-glace is the ideal accompaniment for roasted meats. Simply add the mix, red wine and water to pan drippings for a foolproof gravy that has great flavor and complements the meat beautifully.
- Seasonal Sage Stuffing Mix/strong> – Dress up traditional stuffing with this jaunty mix that contains just the right combination of sage, thyme, celery seed, garlic and other ingredients. Add bread cubes, chicken stock and beaten egg for perfect in-the-bird stuffing or stuffed pork chops.
- Autumn Poultry Gravy Mix – Ideal for turkey, chicken, duckling and other fowl, this easy pan gravy mix delivers full-bodied flavors from thyme, sage, black pepper and other ingredients. Added to pan drippings, it creates the perfect gravy in just minutes.
- Classic Compote – A sensational way to dress up fall harvest fruits including apples, cranberries, raisins and walnuts, this compote mix is a delightful blend of allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, sugar and other ingredients. Serve it as a delicious condiment during dinner … or create a memorable dessert item such as cobbler (or simply spoon over ice cream).
According to Howard Cantor, Fuchs North America’s corporate research chef, the new Fall Harvest Collection builds on classic cuisine but adds some unique twists.
“In the American agrarian tradition, the onset of the cold-weather season is synonymous with bringing in the harvest, and of ‘family, hearth and home.’ Some of our country’s most cherished recipes and meals come out of this tradition. Our Fall Harvest Collection honors that tradition, while offering some interesting new variations,” Cantor reported.
… A new line of six distinctive seasonings and mixes specially created for cold-weather dining and cuisine.
The Fall Harvest items are also the starting point for developing unique custom product offerings for foodservice customers, as well as processed food products for the grocery and retail food segments.
According to Patrick Laughlin, Director of Marketing, the process by which Fuchs North America develops new seasonings, mixes and flavors is both a science and an art. “We pay very close attention to evolving consumer taste preferences, but we also experiment with many combinations of flavors,” he noted.
Laughlin reported that Fuchs North America’s approach is to work with customers “to go from concept to manufacturing to delivery” of an approved flavor quickly. “Because we have a wide range of flavor bases at-the-ready, we can provide samples for immediate testing. Then we work with each customer to customize and refine the flavor to attain just the right taste characteristics they’re seeking,” he stated.
For more information about Fuchs North America’s new Fall Harvest Collection or to request samples, e-mail your query to Rebekah Wicke at firstname.lastname@example.org.