From our South Asian Collection, which will be released this fall, a new “Fuchs Favorite” has emerged: Kashmiri Spiced Carrot Cake. With crisp autumn air quickly approaching, it’s time to give the grill a little break and warm up the oven. You’ll find our Kashmiri Spiced Carrot Cake Mix captures the captivating and inviting spices of the Kashmir Valley region. Not only that, but they are downright delicious. Every time Chef Elizabeth whips these up, they’re gone in a matter of minutes!
Here’s Chef Elizabeth’s recipe for Kashmiri Spiced Carrot Cake:
• 1 cup sugar
• 4 eggs
• ¾ cup oil
• ½ cup plain whole milk Greek yogurt
• 1 & ½ cups shredded carrot
• 2 & ½ cups Kashmir Spiced Carrot Cake Mix
• Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare pans
• Prepare cake pan by lining with parchment paper and spraying lightly with pan spray, or muffin tin by lining with cupcake papers.
• Combine sugar with eggs in bowl of mixer.
• Mix with paddle attachment on speed setting 2 for 2 – 3 minutes.
• With mixer still on, slowly drizzle in oil.
• Add yogurt and carrot; Mix for 2 minutes or until fully incorporated.
• Add half of the cake mix; Mix for 1-2 minutes; scape sides and bottom of bowl.
• Add remaining cake mix; Mix until fully incorporated; scrape sides and bottom of bowl; mix again if needed.
Chef’s Note: For a more indulgent batter add one or all of the following ingredients:
• ½ cup golden raisins (hydrated and drained)
• ½ cup toasted shredded coconut
• ¼ cup crushed cashews
• ¼ cup crushed pistachios
• Pour batter into prepared cake pan or muffin tin.
• Bake on center rack in preheated oven at 350°F
o 23-30 minutes for cake; 20-25 minutes for cupcakes
• Halfway through bake time rotate pan
***to check doneness; insert toothpick into center; should come out clean****
If you’d like to try out our Kashmiri Spiced Carrot Cake, or any of the other mouth-watering seasonings in our South Asian Collection, request samples here.