In just a few short weeks, we’ll be launching our latest collection, the Next Level Vegan Collection. Here’s your exclusive sneak peek at one of the four items in this collection!
Vegan Burger Base
Plant-based burgers have met their match with our Vegan Burger Base! According to Chef Howard Cantor, Fuchs’ Corporate Executive Chef, this blend is designed to help make meatless proteins taste meatier. “A common complaint among consumers about plant-based burgers is that they don’t taste enough like meat. This seasoning is the solution for just that. Not only does it offer a depth of flavor, but it also makes vegan burgers taste just like the real deal,” he describes.
- 450gr Boiled Sweet Potatoes crushed not mashed
- 22gr Vegan Burger Seasoning
- 25gr Vegan friendly Panko
- 1 can unseasoned black beans
- In a bowl add black beans and crush by hand with a heavy fork until masked with texture
- Add seasoning and sweet potatoes to mix and fold together by hand to fully incorporate.
- Add panko as needed to just bind the mixture, cover and chill for 2-4 hours
- Preheat a heavy bottom sauté pan on medium heat
- While pan is heating form sweet potato mix into 4-6oz patties
- Add oil to hot pan and add patties to pan, cook for 3-4 minutes per side to form a golden-brown crust and flip. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- While cooking, prepare your favorite condiments to make your Vegan Burger.
- Serve with your favorite roll, in a lettuce wrap as part of a salad.
To learn more about our special collections, click here.