Chef Inspirations and Signature Recipes
“Let the flavors of East Asia inspire you!”
-Howard Cantor, Corporate Executive Chef
Our newest collection delivers on authenticity AND bold flavor.
Signature Recipes from the Kitchens of Fuchs
These four easy, great-tasting recipes are just the beginning of what you can create when you start with our East Asian Creations seasonings as your foundation:
- Taiwanese Fried Chicken Seasoning
- Sichuan Beef Hot Pot Base
- Soba Noodle Salad Seasoning
- Vegetarian Mushroom Dumpling Seasoning
Taiwanese Fried Chicken Seasoning
- 1.5 lbs Boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1” pieces
- 5 TBSP Seasoning
- 1 TBSP Light Soy Sauce
- 1/3 Tsp Sesame oil
- 2 cup rice flour
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 TBSP cold water
- Begin by cutting chicken thighs into 1” pieces, place into a bowl and add soy sauce, sesame oil and 2.5 TBSP of the seasoning. Mix well to fully cover the chicken. Cover and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight if possible.
- Blend rice flour, AP flour and 1.5 TBPS of seasoning in a bowl and mix well. Split into two containers for breading the chicken
- Whisk eggs and cold water in a bowl and set up a breading station to coat the chicken for frying with a flour/egg/flour order.
- Heat fryer to 375F
- Coat chicken in flour, egg and then flour and fry until fully cooked and brown. Chicken should be at 165F when done.
- Take cooked chicken and toss in remaining seasoning before serving with your favorite dipping sauce.
Sichuan Beef Hot Pot Base
- 2 cups Vegetable, Beef or Chicken Stock
- 4 TBSP Seasoning
- 1 head baby bok choy cut in half
- 4 ears baby corn cut into 1/3
- 4 shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 4 baby bella mushrooms roasted
- 1 TBSP Red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 TBSP Green onions sliced thin
- ½ cup cooked Ramen style noodles
- 1 TSP Red Chili oil
- Heat 2 cups of broth and seasoning to a boil, mix well to full incorporate and hydrate
- While heating prep vegetables and cook noodles
- Remove Hot Pot from heat and place in a bowl, add vegetables and noodles.
- Garnish with green onions and chili oil. For more heat add more chili oil or your favorite chili paste.
Soba Noodle Salad Seasoning
- 1 cup cooked soba noodles
- ¼ cup Shredded carrots
- ¼ cup Shredded Napa cabbage
- ¼ cup Sliced red bell peppers
- 1 TBSP Soba Noodle Seasoning
- 1 TBSP Sliced green onion
- 1 TSP Light Soy Sauce
- 1 TSP Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 TSP White Sesame seeds
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions and toss in light unflavored oil, chill
- Shred vegetables and added to chilled noodles
- Add soy sauce and seasoning to noodle mix and toss to fully incorporate.
- Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds
Vegetarian Mushroom Dumpling Seasoning
- .5 lbs. Firm Tofu
- .5 c Grated Carrot
- .5 c Shredded Nappa Cabbage
- .5 c Sliced Shiitake Mushroom
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 2 tbsp Finely Sliced Scallion
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 each Egg, Beaten
- 2 Tsbp Water
- 1 Tbsp Fuchs Dumpling Seasoning
- Bowl of water
- 35-40 Wonton Wrappers
- Deep Fryer with Fryer Oil
- Preheat deep fryer to 375°F.
- Cut tofu in half horizontally and place on a plate with a paper towel on top and below the tofu. Place and other plate on top. Place a one-pound weight on top and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, bell pepper, and scallion. Combine in a large bowl.
- Dice the Tofu and combine in the bowl.
- Add the beaten egg, 2 tbsp water and Fuchs Dumpling seasoning to mixture. Wearing a glove, thoroughly mix the dumpling filling by hand.
- Forming the dumplings: Remove a wonton wrapper from the pack. Place a damp cloth over the remaining wrappers to ensure they do not dry out. Using your finger or a pastry brush, dip the water from the bowl and brush all four edges of the wonton wrapper. Place a heaping teaspoon of dumpling filling in the center of the wrapper. Shape as desired and place on pan, ensuring to cover finished dumplings with a damp cloth.
- Prepare a tray with a wire rack or dry paper towel nearby the deep fryer.
- In small batches, plunge the dumplings into the fryer oil until the wrapper is golden brown (roughly 1 minute). Agitate with tongs or a metal spoon while frying to ensure an even fry.
- Place fried dumplings onto the wrack and season to taste with kosher salt.
To order your free sample of the East Asian Creations Collection, click here.